“*Dr. Kenneth Zike has said that at least 50% of the children with learning problems referred to the neurological clinic at his hospital had had no traumas, no birth injuries, and no other physical deviations. Their trouble seemed to come from pressure - pressure to do a task that they did not have the maturity to do.”

~Borrowed from Robert Jackson on the world wide web.



Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The end is here...but it is just the beginning!

The end of an amazing year has come and gone.  We are now into our summer vacation.  Bigger, stronger, smarter, and oh so ready for second grade!  I am so proud of these students!  Second grade does not know how lucky they are to be receiving your children!
Below are scads of photos that I never got around to uploading.  Feel free to download them for yourselves!

N is for New Names:





















O is for Outside:  We were sharing.  The question was, "Can we please go back inside and read now?"  Um, let me think abou tit..."YES!!!" :o)





It appears these types of notes HAVE NEVER GONE OUT OF STYLE!!! :O)
P is for Picnic Lunch:







This is Mrs. Zarynski, AKA Mrs. Z.  She came in every Wednesday morning to listen to us read...because she loves children...and knew no one in the class prior...and is a retired first grade teacher herself...and is AMAZING...and is set to work in my class next year too!  YAY for me...and my future students!!!!
Listening to reading and reading to someone.  Love how natural this time became by the end of the year!
Reading the big books.

Writing about Reading, AKA making their own books!


Sharing their books.
Love this one by a student, who took it home to finish.  Yeah, I did not assign that...but they did it all the time!







May 25, 2011 3,100 books read aloud!

What a way to welcome the summer...a broken arm for one little girl!

X is for eXchange Autographs.



End of Year Party:
Bubbles


Cupcakes

Balls and Hula Hoops



2nd MOST AR points in 1st grade!
My heart makes room for 18 more children I will carry in my heart forever!  I wish you all the best.  Come back and see me after you meet your NEW teacher in August!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and welcome them!
Feel free to communicate any ideas here!