“*Dr. Kenneth Zike has said that at least 50% of the children with learning problems referred to the neurological clinic at his hospital had had no traumas, no birth injuries, and no other physical deviations. Their trouble seemed to come from pressure - pressure to do a task that they did not have the maturity to do.”

~Borrowed from Robert Jackson on the world wide web.



Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Here's the teacher!

Hi, My name is Mrs. Carter.

I am married to Mr. Carter

and we have three children; Jacob14, Jayda13, and Jay3.  Jacob and Jayda have been earning volunteer hours in my classroom.

I was born in California and raised in Reynoldsville, PA.  I attended Gannon University on a volleyball scholarship division 2.  We were 5th in the nation all 4 years I attended.  We traveled the country and made many trips to Florida.  It was during these trips that I fell in love with Fl.  I started at Winter Springs Elementary in August 1993 and then began in 2001 at Sabal Point.  I have been teaching since 1993 with a few years of maternity leave in there!  I have spent MANY years in Kindergarten, a few in 2nd, and this is my third year in 1st grade.  I really enjoy this grade level.

I enjoy fishing,
( This was my biggest fish ever.  A goliath grouper in Marco Island.  It weighed over 150lbs.)

(This is my most exciting catch.  A mutton snapper on the reefs of Marathon in the Keys.  
We were going for Yellowtail snapper and I coaxed this one out!)

boating,
 (Mr. Carter driving our boat in Key Colony)

making precious stone jewelery,

reading on my Nookcolor,
 spending time with my children,
 (I told them to look fierce...
I made angry bird water balloons and we had a water balloon fight this summer!)

Free hand embroidery,

starbucks grande soy skinny vanilla latte,


and paper painting.

( I paint papers and use found papers to create the painting...in my spare time.  LOL )
I also enjoy scrapbooking,

the beach, and shopping.

My gift is teaching.  I always knew I wanted to be a teacher. I decided in 2nd grade.

I believe I come by it honestly as my mother was quite possibly one of the best teachers I ever had the pleasure of having in high school.  She was a health and PE teacher.  I do believe my daughter Jayda may follow in my foot steps.  I look forward to a very fun year with your children!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and welcome them!
Feel free to communicate any ideas here!