“*Dr. Kenneth Zike has said that at least 50% of the children with learning problems referred to the neurological clinic at his hospital had had no traumas, no birth injuries, and no other physical deviations. Their trouble seemed to come from pressure - pressure to do a task that they did not have the maturity to do.”

~Borrowed from Robert Jackson on the world wide web.



Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Stories were read, skits were watched, pumpkins were oogled, and candy was passed out. Mmm...I forgot how much I love Almond Joy's! Yes, it is true I grabbed a candy for me!

Vic's mom read to us. I love her voice. I have never wished for another voice before, but I wish I had hers!


Somehow I missed Jack's mom reading to us. I loved the story she chose! It was about a jack o lantern who didn't scare anyone...except himself when he saw his reflection in the mirror!

See that Almond Joy...yes the one on top...that was mine! :o)

These pumpkins were decorated by 1st and kindergarten.
We received a surprise skit. (They were right in the middle of saying, DRAT!)
Here is the skit.




The start of our bulletin board!
The boys worked together on a lego project today.
If you are wondering how your child gets so much sand in their shoes...it could be because of this.
If you are wondering how they get sand every where else...

It's the snow angels. It was so cute watching them decide that this was a great idea to do and join in on the fun. I am so glad I accidentally had my camera out on the playground! Sorry it is so short.

Upcoming activities:
Monday: High Touch High Tech "Dig it" 10 30 am to 12 pm, pack a lunch, we are having lunch on the picnic tables! (You can still get a lunch in the cafeteria.) Tuesday: Wear a red t-shirt for red ribbon week. "The choice for me is drug free." Super Science Wednesday: Booster Thon Fun Run, Fall Fun Day 12:25-1:45 Thursday: Field Trip, "How I became a Pirate" at the Orland Rep Theatre, lunch at Denning Park Friday: NO SCHOOL!!! Teacher work day and conferences.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and welcome them!
Feel free to communicate any ideas here!