“*Dr. Kenneth Zike has said that at least 50% of the children with learning problems referred to the neurological clinic at his hospital had had no traumas, no birth injuries, and no other physical deviations. Their trouble seemed to come from pressure - pressure to do a task that they did not have the maturity to do.”

~Borrowed from Robert Jackson on the world wide web.



Thursday, October 15, 2009

Word Wall

It has been driving me crazy not having a "Word Wall" in my classroom. If you are wondering what a word wall is, go HERE! You can print this off and have one at home.

Yet, no matter where I tried, the room was not conducive to a word wall that was useful to the children. So, I went and got these...

and the children LOVED it! It is set up alphabetically with spaces for them to write other words they will use when they write.

This book allows the children to have those common hard to spell words at their fingertips everyday!

Speaking of writing, this is an example of this weeks writing about Hens. Jack's mom helped guide the children on how to draw the hen using the Mimio(that cool over head projector-like technology I use in the classroom) during small groups. What is absolutely amazing is the fact that not one single hen looks like another and there were step by step instructions on how to draw it. The beauty of the human differences. I shall "try" to get more pictures tomorrow of their work.


On Monday, we will have the booster thon pep rally. This is an opportunity for the children to raise money for our classroom while having a blast exercising! We are trying to raise money for a new classroom rug that was given to the new kindergarten teacher from my class.
Here is the first bit of information that went home about this today.

This past weekend, J.J. had a chance to take home Froggy! The children are very excited to get their chance with him.


Speaking of Friday, I wonder what I have up my sleeve? Hmmm, what could be in store for tomorrow.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and welcome them!
Feel free to communicate any ideas here!